Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking Care Of Business







Monday August 23. Spent the early morning relaxing in my room and on the deck of my cruise ship. Talked to Peter this morning and he told me that he sailed across the Atlantic on this ship years ago. Then I managed to find my way back to the interstate and ride south to San Diego, about a two hour ride. Found a Super8 motel right at the city limits and set myself up by noon. Decided to head straight to the zoo.

When I got there I called a local Yahama dealership to book an appointment to change my oil and replace my bald rear tire. They said they could do me today. So I changed my plans and headed to Chula Vista for service. Took about three hours but they washed the bike too and got rid of all the bug guts from the cross country tour. Actually seemed like a good place to get service, as it was the farthest south and farthest I will be from home, as this place is only about 30 miles from the Mexican border. From this point on, I'm making a leisurely return trip home.
Back to the hotel to do another chore: laundry!! But first I had to go to the local store to buy laundry soap and some food supplies. Tired, I relaxed in the room for the night watched some tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment