Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Avenue Of the Giants






Wednesday August 18. Okay, I've been rescued by a very helpful desk clerk who saw the trouble I was having with the pay as you go computer and has put me on the office computer! Bonus. So, here we go:


I left Fort Bragg and drove north along the Avenue Of The Giants to see the really big redwood trees. Yes I drove my motorcycle through a tree (so did cars!)
Then I wandered around the quiet cathedral groves admiring the sheer size of these giants. Quiet and peaceful in their midsts.


After I left there I drove inland to take the interstate, a much faster route, to head south again towards Yosemite National Park.
I drove until dark and wound up in a grubby Motel 6 in Stockton right beside the highway with no computer.



















3 comments:

  1. silent lurkers??

    hey Joe
    was wondering what had happened to you

    stay away from Hollywood and Vine while in LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm posting but they don't seem to be appearing...hmmmm.
    anyhow, back from the cottage.
    the red woods look amazing....when do you hit palm springs??
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joe,
    If I knew how to sign on as a follower I would. Our friends had the same problem when they were trying to follow us. Anyway, we are loving your blog and pictures. We chuckle at your frustrations with computers or lack thereof and uploading photos. Just another few days before your summer vacation is over and your fall vacation begins. You lucky guy!!
    Joan/ Ross

    ReplyDelete