Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another Long Day Of Riding






Saturday, August 7th. Well, left Evansdale and rode all of 14km before it rained. Pulled off highway and hid under an overhang of the local Super 8. Talked to a gentleman who was hanging outside while I waited for the rain to stop. When I told him I was heading towards Sturgis and didn't know where I'd stay, he told me about a motel he liked in Chamberlain, South Dakota. So, when the rain stopped (about a half hour later) I headed there. Great ride, but hot (102) and strong cross wind. I had an equipment malfunction and a woredrobe malfuction. My bag was moving around on the back so I had to stop at Walmart and buy bungecords to secure it. Plus, my velcro on the bottom of my pants kept letting go because of the wind and I showed a lot of leg! Walmart did not have bicycle pant clips, so I used an elastic band.

Anyway, arrived in Chamberlain, at a so-so mom and pop motel. Grabbed some fruit and yogurt, walked around town and down the hill to the Missouri River for a bit, and then I walked back to go to bed.

Bikes everywhere, at all the on and off ramps and even though I'm doing 120km on the Interstate, every bike is passing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment