Friday, August 6, 2010

Long Day!














Friday, August 6th. Okay, after yesterday's slow start and the meandering to Paris and London, I decided to make up some ground today. Left Imlay just after nine and rode all day. Beautiful, sunny day with warmth but no humidity. Rode along #69, to #94 south to #80 west. Skirted through the northwest corner of Indiana, around the bottom of Lake Michigan and straight across Illinois. Then across Iowa to Iowa City and then north along #380 to Evansvale. Total of 900kms! I arrived here just after 7 their time (8 Toronto time).

Rode with a couple of groups of bikers for a while, about eight each time. I think they are all headed to Sturgis South Dakota. Right smack dab on my route. I've heard that the Sturgis rally makes the Port Dover one look like a picnic. Should be interesting.

Stopped for gas and some fruit in Princeton, Illinois, home of the 1992 XTC convention and home to the guitarist Gary Green of Gentle Giant fame. At least he used to live there.

I have a king suite here, with a jaccuzi in the room. So I think I'll make use of that to soak my tired bottom and read for a bit. Hope you're all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment