Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beartooth Pass






Wednesday, August 11th.
Left early this morning and rode through Cody Wyoming. Rode part of the Shosone Canyon, then doubled back and followed the amazing Chief Joseph Scenic byway (you'll have to believe me until I can show you some photos), until it connected with the Beartooth Highway. I've ridden this in a car before, but on a bike it's even better. 10,000ft, 80km, lots of switchbacks (some with no guard rails) up and over the Beartooth Mountains. One of the best roads in the world! It leads into Yellowstone, but I've decided to give that a pass until on the way home, because some other bikers had told me that it was basically gridlock in the park. I don't need that, so I'll wait until the kids are back in school and the Sturgis bikers are all back home.

Thanks for all of you who are sending me notes. I appreciate it.

More later.

1 comment: