Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sturgis!






Monday, August 9th.
I'm in Belgrade Montana. I haven't had internet access for the last couple of days and this computer won't let me upload photos, so I'll catch you up, but text only.

After leaving the Badlands, I headed for the biker's Mecca - STURGIS. Got there good and early Monday morning. Much like Port Dover, with thousands of bikes and bikers and lots of vendors, only much bigger. There are thousands of bikes all over this area and on all the riding routes. Stayed there for the morning and then headed for Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills. Great ride (with lots of bikes). After late I rode the Needles Highway, which is an amazing route through Custer State Park. Then I found a room (luckily - because everything is booked for about a 100 km around Sturgis by bikers) in a fleabag hotel called Custer Motel. Met two fellow bikers there and sat and talked with them over a couple of beer.

1 comment: