Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Badlands!!






Sunday, August 8th. Here's why I'm here! I've finally arrived in the American mid west, South Dakota. I spent the whole day today, Sunday, riding and hiking through the Badlands. The scenery is amazing and the riding is great. Lots of bikes riding through and talked to many of them at the various lookouts. After riding from west to east (about 60km.) I arrived at Wal South Dakota, I decided to stay here. So I found a room at the Best Western went and had dinner and then rode the Badlands route from west to east and back again! The late afternoon colours were amazing and the sunset even better. It doesn't get any better!







4 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,
    Sounds like you are having fun and seeing lots..way to go!
    Watch out for those gunslingers...I hear they like a moving target!
    We are off to bonnie Scotland in 2 days, catch up with your travels when we get back.

    Mike & Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dad,

    Sweet picture! I wish the time stamp on this post wouldn't show that I'm writing this at 1:30 in the morning.. Haha anyway, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I remember the badlands being quite amazing when you took me there. I'm off to bed, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe
    Amazing Joe this is great

    keep up the blog, its super to follow

    Hope the weather is kind

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Biker Joe,

    Glad to see your trip is going well. Nice shot of your bike by the way. Practice safe riding my friend and happy trails to you.....

    Peter, Toni and Jess

    ReplyDelete