Friday, October 29, 2010

Organization Day







Today was an organization day. I was feeling a bit of time pressure and needed to sort things out. I have to be in Iguacu Falls by November 17th to meet Christain and time is getting tight. I have things I want to do and see before I get there. So, yesterday I went to a travel and told him what I wanted to do. He said he'd work on it and get back to me this morning. So, today I spent time with him and he has organized a trip for me through southern Peru, Bolivia and into Chile. He's taken care of buses, transfers, hotels, tours and most meals. It will last nine days. Then I had him book me a flight from where the tour ends to Santiago Chile, so I can go to Easter Island. Then we checked flights for Easter Island and found they were all booked up! Finally he was able to find a flight there on November 9th and returning on November 12th. So that is great! Then I have five or six days to get to Iguacu. So, things are shaping up and I think I'm organized.

The rest of the day I went for a long walk, and got lost, before finding the main square again. I really like this city. Cusco is very touristy, but scenic, full of character and characters and I feel quite safe here. I've enjoyed my stay.

I spent a good part of the afternoon looking for a book all the travelers are talking about, but to no avail. I went back to that bakery for a repeat of yesterday's cheap and delicious dinner. Other than that I read for a bit and talked to Peter via Skype. That's all I have to report, but stay tuned for the next couple of weeks, it's going to be great!

Chris: and we worry about how we transport propane!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,
    I hope you bought a nice colourful poncho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JJ, Ill be in Santiago on 13 November, my tour starts 14th. Lets catch up for a cervaca!!
    Am in La Paz tomorrow and will make my way to Uyuni and maybe San Pedro de Atacama. Let me know if you{re around. valskydive@yahoo.com
    Gringa Loka Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe

    I think you can add something to "The Beast" so it can carry the propane from TO to Ahmic Lake

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..... is that a Sears poncho? Hmmm...no foolin...) Get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning
    Based on the way the cottage motors are going, we may need to use your bike to transport propane, so start practicing.
    I wouldn't say this town was pretty but perhaps interesting and very traditional. Got your message regarding your travel plans and forwarded as per request.

    ReplyDelete