Monday, October 25, 2010

Friends New and Old








It's a small world on the gringo trail. This is just a short page as a tribute to some of the friends I have made so far.

This is Jannicke from Norway. I first met her on my Galapagos trip. Then when I arrived at my hotel in Cusco, she was there. She had just come back from the Inca Trail and I was just starting.

This is my newest friend, Mark from Australia. We did the Inca Trail together and are now heading off together into the Amazon.

This is Valerie. She too was on the Galapagos trip. I ran into her in Machu Picchu. She was on a different overland trip and had taken the train and bus to Machu Picchu.

John and Saobhan from Ireland who were also on the Inca Trail trip. Unfortunately John got food poisoning and had to head back after the first day.

And Richard (to the right of the lady with the Canada t-shirt). Richard and I spent one day together but had lots of laughs and a romantic dinner together at the LaRosaNautica restaurant in Lima. I met him again at Machu Picchu. He too had taken the train and bus there. Surrounding him are a group of Canadians from Toronto that he met. I didn't have a chance to talk to them, so, sorry no names.

This is a big part of traveling, meeting people. Because travelers are generally going to the same spots, it's not uncommon to meet up again at a later date. And with e-mail and blogs we can stay connected too. It's a small world on the gringo trail. (Gringo is what South Americans call tourists).

No comments:

Post a Comment