Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Long and Winding Road...ENDS!

The Blue Water Bridge from Port Huron, USA to Sarnia, Canada
We made it! Me and my trusty bike!

And the total is? see below...
 Tuesday, July 26th.

Today was the last day of the three day marathon from Nebraska to Canada. It was a beautiful day for riding, sunny, clean air and nice fluffy clouds. I got underway about 9 and rode for about 5 hours to Port Huron, stopping a few times for the obligatory fill him, empty me. What a difference a day makes, this morning the traffic was much better, as I had to repeat about 10 kilometres from last night. The lanes were open and there were much fewer trucks. However, the road was still under construction and lumpy and bumpy, as were a lot of the highways today. Construction is always worse on the highways going through the cities as it is obviously the area with the most traffic and need and the hardest to repair without disrupting traffic flow. When I finally got to Port Huron, I stopped at a McDonald’s to use their wifi and filled out my ArriveCan app. I couldn’t do it much earlier because up until today I wasn’t really sure where I was going to cross. Crossing was easy despite my little hiccup (you can read about that tomorrow). Then I rode along highway 402 happy to be back in Canada. The drive was good with quite a bit of traffic but it was moving along very briskly with lots of trucks in the mix here too. But, when I got to Mississauga… who thought coming into the city in rush hour was a good idea? Stupid me, but once committed, I continued. The bike, my butt and my spirit were exhausted by the time I arrived home about 7pm. 

That’s it for now. There will be two more posts before I put this trip to rest, so please stay tuned, and feel free to drop me a line at the bottom of any post. Thanks for following along, I really appreciate it!

Final day's ride: 759 kilometres, 3 341 kilometres in the last four days and a grand total of 14 581 kilometres in 28 days! Yikes, no wonder my cheeks need some serious fluffing!

3 comments:

  1. joe what a trip. Sounds fantastic Big congrats for completing it. Maurene (Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Nomadicjj for yet another incredible motorcycle adventure..in record breaking heat no less! Very happy to have you back home safe and sound....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always rush hour on the 401...no avoiding it.

    ReplyDelete