Sunday, April 17, 2016

Record Store Day and Laying Low

Who could resist?
This was the most interesting store with lots of imports, called the Basement Discs.
They had a bar where drinks cost a donation to a charity.
A beautiful old indoor shopping area.
The mosaic floor.
The view from an eatery of the Fitzroy area.

Saturday and Sunday, April 16-17th.
My car was still huffing and puffing today from all the driving over the holidays, so I decided to stay in town this weekend. A teacher at school told me it was Record Store Day, and I can't resist an event like that. So I took my bike on the train and went into Melbourne. I cycled around the downtown area and to the area called Fitzroy. There I found several small independent record stores. A couple of them had live music and beer or wine and nibbles for the customers. Very interesting idea and well received. The only problem of course is that the stores were pretty full of people standing around and it made it hard to wander around a check out the music. Maybe I'll go back another time. I stayed in the city until about dinner time and then took the train back to Chelsea.

On Sunday, I stayed put. I did my laundry, tidied the house up, did groceries, chopped up the weekly salad and later went for a walk on the beach. I spent some time sorting pictures, organizing the blog and reading too. So, the first stay near home and relax type weekend of the year. Next weekend is a long weekend and I will travel again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment