Friday, February 19, 2016

Reunion with Graham and Tess

The didgeridoo player.
Yellow crested cockatoos on the neighbour's roof.
Findley, 9 months and Edward 3 1/2 years.
Tess, Graham and Graham's mom Sylvia who lives with them.

Friday, February 19th.
I took the car this morning as I am going to visit friends after school. At school one of Don's students brought in a didgeridoo to play for the his music teacher. Don asked me if I wanted the student to play it for me and my class, and of course I agreed. This is the traditional Aboriginal instrument and has a really unique sound. I shot a video of him playing it too for the sound.

Most of today was taken up with music, two periods of sport and one of computers, so the day passed quickly.

After school I drove to a northern suburb of Melbourne called Heidelberg to meet up with Graham and Tess who were on my Intrepid trip through Jordan, Syria and Turkey in 2011, along with Megan Hassett one of our guides, who also live in Melbourne. When they left the tour Graham and Tess (who are English) were moving to Perth, but didn't like living there so they moved to Auckland, New Zealand (where they'd lived before) and then Graham landed a job that he wanted in Melbourne. So they have moved around a bit. They are both pharmacists. And in the meantime they now have two young boys, Edward, three and a half and Findlay, nine months. We had a really great evening and a delicious meal. It was great to see them again and catch up. We spent time talking about the horrors that the Syrian people have endured since we were there. Really sad.

It took about forty minutes to drive home along the M3, which is a toll road. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the bill is for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment