Saturday, April 15, 2023

Getting There... (all good!)


Leaving Pam and London.
At Heathrow.

At Hoedspruit Airport in South Africa.
The luggage claim.

Saturday, April 15th.

I didn’t wake up until 11:50! Okay I got up for a couple of bathroom breaks, but straight back to sleep. Bruce cooked us an omelet for breakfast and then I had a shower and we packed up and left for the airport. We got there about 4 hours before the flight and found out it was delayed an hour. So, there wasn’t much to do except have a drink or two and a meal. The flight was supposed to leave at 7 but didn’t leave until after 9. It was long with little opportunity for sleep. We hit one patch of really bad turbulence that caused several people, including Bruce, to throw their red wine all over themselves. Thankfully Bruce wasn’t sitting with me, he was further back.

It has been a challenge getting here and getting organized. Electricity and Internet are a bit erratic but it's a learning curve and I'll figure it out. All is well and we have arrived safely. I hope to be able to update regularly but, if not, eventually!


7 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the cute couple 😉.Hope you don't have any close encounters with the animals strolling through the camp. Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now starts phase 2 of this adventure. Don't fret about your postings, you know you have a captive audience here. I'll just check in more frequently to catch the latest chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everything went smoothly…….there would not be anything to write about! Let the fun begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The anonymous comment was from me. I have to figure out how to add my name. Tech stuff…yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update apart from delay and turbulence glad all went well looking forward to this adventute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you've arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What trip to Africa doesn’t have a hiccup or two!

    ReplyDelete