Friday, February 18, 2011

Get It Together Day or Out Of Africa

Friday February 18th. Today was a get it together day. I spent the day organizing my backpack, getting my laundry done, going to the bank to get American money for visas, and I spent two hours in the post office here trying to mail a parcel home. It's stuff I've bought and don't want to carry anymore. But what an inefficient operation. It took forever. Never mind that the package department closed for lunch. No one did their job while they were gone, they just closed. The lady had to affix about thirty stamps to my package and she tried to wet a strip of stamps in a circular cup. Just slow, laborious and inefficient. Anyway, it's done. The rest of the afternoon I spent working on the computer.

I'll take a taxi from here about 8pm for my 11:30 flight to Amman Jordan. I have to change planes in the morning in Dubai.

No pictures today, sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment