Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Day and Golden Beach

Golden Beach.
Moffat Beach.
Love the patterns in the rock.

Shelley Beach.

Sunday January 1st
Okay, now it is 2017 and the end is coming quickly. I wonder what this year will bring... Where will I be this time next year on my four over five leave year?

I spent today exploring some of the many beaches in the area including the one beside the party house from last night. When I went there there were still lots of people at the party who had slept over and were in various stages of hangovers.

The beaches are beautiful and the water is much warmer than it was in Victoria or New South Wales, but I was still shy of the area of Queensland inhabited by saltwater crocodiles and deadly jellyfish.

I swam for a bit and hung out on the beaches enjoying the hot weather, thinking about the cold weather that is waiting for me back home, reflecting on the year and people watching.


In the evening we enjoyed a bbq and talked about travel and skydiving.

John Hind called me from England as the New Year wrung in there. It was great to catch up with him and Dottie and I got a chance to talk to her sister too. He still plans on joining me on my travels next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment