Friday, July 15, 2016

Week One Term Three

The history of the Olympics production.
The chaos of the two classes changing rooms from Claire to I and vice versa.


Monday July 11 to Friday July 15th
Back from holidays tired but ready to go. The outside assembly on Monday was very cool and windy and felt much colder than Queensland. Funny to hear all the Australian teachers complain about how 'freezing' it is.

We had an incursion at school this week. That is what they call an event that happens in the school rather than a field trip out of the school, which is an excursion. It was a play put on by two energetic young women about the history of the Olympics. All the grade 3-4 classes are going to be studying the Olympics this term as out focus or theme. The play was great and focused on the first two Australian gold medalists, one male and the other female. Both girls played numerous roles and the kids really enjoyed it.

On Wednesday on the way to work I had to stop at a service station to put water in the radiator as I was overheating. That's the second time in a few weeks. On Thursday evening I checked the rad again when I got home. I put some water in and I could see it leaking out on the ground. So obviously I have to get it fixed.

I also went to Good Guys and bought myself a new keyboard, because the three keys: m , . still don't work. So now I have a USB keyboard that allows me to type correctly but is more cumbersome to carry around. But at least I no longer have to cut and paste those three keys after I type my entries, as I have been doing for the whole holidays.

For sport this week and the next few weeks we are focusing on Track and Field events There are two instructors coming from outside the school who are helping with the instructions for the running events. The rest of the teachers are taking different positions in shotput, high jump, running long jump and hurdles. Anne-Cecile and I are running the hurdle event and the students are rotated through all the different events.

Other than that not too much going on. Just back to routines at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment