Sunday, May 21, 2023

Exeter Cathedral Experience

 


The spectacular knave.

Sunday, May 21st.

When I got up I decided to go to the city centre and revisit Exeter Cathedral. I had been there before and knew it was beautiful. Since it was Sunday I went for the 10 am service. I sat at the back and listened and watched the routines and procedures. There was a full choir and a full sized pipe organ. The acoustics and the sounds of the organ were incredible. I recorded a bit to remember the beautiful sounds of the choir and the pipe organ, but I as I was doing it, a man came over and said 'you're not recording are you?' and I said no and put the phone away. So, I lied in church... wonder if I will be struck down or have to wait for my punishment at the pearly gates. I left before the end and returned to John’s place. We left shortly afterwards to go to his sister Chrissie house in Exmouth, about a half hour away. We had a very pleasant afternoon. Her son Rob and his wife and their two kids popped by to say hi and pick up their two dogs. I and a nice with Chrissie’s little dog Maya. We had a great bbq of chicken with salads and a relaxing visit on a beautiful sunny, warm afternoon. Chrissie gave me a little gift of coasters and a hat. We got home about 6 and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing and watching a bit of TV with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment