Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Return to Chennai

 Living here right outside the Pooja Palace in Delhi.
 My faithful red bag which keeps following me around.
 Traffic.
 What rules?
I used to keep these in an aquarium, but they were only a couple of inches long.

Wednesday, March 28th.
I woke up just before my 6:30 alarm and packed up my stuff and headed down to the lobby where my cab to the airport was waiting. What a different ride today. We drove out of the empty filthy neighbourhood around the Pooja Palace Hotel and then along the mostly empty streets to the airport. Everything was very easy.
I got to the airport in plenty of time and was able to sit in a quiet spot and have a coffee, reflect and type up some notes.
I had received an e-mail from Air India a few days ago that informed me that my flight to Delhi would leave at 9:45 instead of 9:55 as it said on my ticket, but in typically Indian fashion it actually left about an hour late. Which in actual fact probably worked in my favour as the Intrepid airport pick up Denise had booked assumed that being a foreigner I was coming on an international flight and was standing at the wrong terminal for an hour before he checked and found out I was on a domestic flight. Therefore, I only had to wait for him for about five minutes (and fend off all the taxi drivers). The actual drive to the hotel was about 45 minutes through more crazy traffic. When I arrived at the hotel, I checked and headed off to my little room to get a few things done. I typed up the blog and started to do some research of places I was to go to in the next few weeks.
I ventured out for a quick simple dinner and then continued working and watching part of the Hobbit movie. Then off to sleep.

1 comment: