Sunday, June 17, 2018

Pulua Tiga

 Bats in the eves.
 Canadian friends Anthony and Vivien.
 Does he know?
 Monitor lizard.
 The mud volcano...
and bathers. 
 Views from the walk along the beach.
 These are alive. No idea what they are.

 Beautiful flower with a hard heavy fruit.


Sunday, June 17th.
Happy Father’s Day Dad!
Finally, a day where we didn’t have to get up early. Had breakfast by 8:30 and then got organized for a snorkelling trip that was arranged here through the resort. Most of us went by speed boat to Snake Island, where sea snakes sometimes congregate, but alas not today as the tide was too high. Then we went to a little sandbar island for a photo shoot and then we went out to a little reef where we snorkelled for about an hour. It wasn’t great. The reef was small, bleached and the water was murky from the thunderstorm early this morning. There were quite a few small fish that came towards you which made it obvious that people feed them. It was disappointing, however the water was very warm and it was great to swim around. The one highlight was that we saw a small school of squid. They looked like the ones that I’ve seen in documentaries where they light up with biofluorescent lights at night.
Then we went back to the resort for lunch. Donny gave us a couple of beer for lunch after which I went to my room and promptly fell asleep for an hour. For the rest of the afternoon I did a few things on my own with my free time. I went for a kilometre walk up to the mud volcano that some people had gone to yesterday and sat in the mud for therapeutic reasons. It didn’t look inviting to me at all and I had heard that the clean up took time, so I gave it a pass. When I came back I went for a swim in the ocean to cool off. Then I went for a long walk along the beach and around the point. It was great to just walk and enjoy the sounds. I was startled as a monitor lizard either fell or jumped out of a tree in front of me. I was also scolded by a couple of macaque monkeys.
Then back for one last swim in the water before getting ready for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment