Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 13 Beach Camp Day 2







Friday April 1st

Happy Birthday Megan!

Slept really well and woke up about seven. Today was a very relaxing day. In the morning I walked the beach, snorkeled and read my book. In the afternoon I read my book, snorkeled and walked the beach.

Snorkeling was really good. I saw many types of beautiful coral, lots of colourful reef fish and a few new things. I saw a large morey eel in a crevice in the rock. He had his mouth open and a wrasse was cleaning his teeth. He swam in and out of his mouth. I saw another eel that was about a metre long that was feeding on an underwater grass bed. I was able to follow him and swim with him for quite a distance before he got back to the coral. In the really shallow area I swam with a cuttlefish, which looks similar to a squid.

For lunch I had a couple of snacks I brought with me, but for dinner I had grilled kalamari rings and eggplant stew. Again really good.

I finished my book today, so I exchanged my two novels for two different ones from the 'library' here. In the evening I again sat and talked to Sam, his Israeli friend, Odette and Salema, the owner of the camp. There are very few tourists here again, because of the after affects of the revolution. But when I walked the beach I found out that a large number of the beach camps are abandoned and obiously for more than a couple of months. I asked the guys why that is. They told me that most of the tourists that came to this area were Israelis. Egypt and Israel have an agreement that Israelis can come to this area of the Sinai without visas. So for years this tourism flourished. But in the last few years, the Israeli government has posted warnings to their people warning them not to travel to Egypt. I was told this by the Israeli guy.

Then back to my cabin to read and sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Sinai Hotels and Camel ServicesApril 3, 2011 at 2:28 AM

    We often tell our clients to reserve beach chairs with hotel towels.
    Obviously this will be necessary at this bustling resort.

    The gentleman in the bottom photo is Mr.Joseph who welcomes you to his casbah of pleasure and longs for your midnight at the oasis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr Camel Services

    Looks like Mr Joseph is quite the host!!!!

    Hey Joe, so ...how many bodies of water have you been snorkelling in now??

    Yes---Happy Birthday Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wonderful brother Joe....
    Thank you, I had a fabulous birthday! I love 55 so far. I am loving the
    way you jazz up even a relaxing day by changing the reading, snorkeling and walking order......
    And maybe I will suggest to my lazy patients to get themselves a pet wrasse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joe!
    The crab is neat!
    Quite the beefcake pic! But there should be a couple of beach babes draping themselves around you!
    Happy Birthday Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr.Joseph's AssistantApril 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!

    Only 55!!?? It's like robbing the cradle.
    Stay beautiful Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I agree the crabs are neat and cute most people are not well accepted if they still have them upon their return home. - Dr.M.Saoud of The Sinai Clinic -

    ReplyDelete