Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Back to Saint Marie

And then there was wind power.
The little beach where I hung out to swim every day.
Walking back to the hotel.

A large walking stick.
Loaded up in our motorized outrigger for the ride back to Saint Marie.
The fleet of Saint Marie water taxis.
And the tuk tuk's to take people wherever on the island.
Sunset back at Vanivola.

Tuesday, November 21st.
A lazy relaxing morning. No hurry to get up. I had breakfast with the rest at 8:00. After that I hung around my room, cleaned out my small backpack as it was infested with tiny ants after my snacks. Packed up and then read. We had to check out by 10:00 and take our stuff to the reception area. We booked a transfer back to lsle Saint Marie for 2 pm. I went for another walk down the beach to the point where I could get in the water and enjoy the warmth of the water and the current that pushed me down the shore. I love the colour of the water and the greens of the palm trees and the sound of them blowing in the breeze.

Then I walked back in time to have lunch with Florien, Graham and Lynn. I got to talking to a Swedish couple, Thomas and Sophia, who are try to travel through Madagascar by themselves. They told me about their frustration of trying to find accommodation, places to go, how to get there and how to do any of that when the internet is so unreliable. I told them that is exactly why I book the trips I do, it takes all the hassle out of travelling in places like this.

We had a great transfer back to Isle Saint Marie on a motorized outrigger canoe and he took the opposite route to the end of the island. We came from the north end and around the west side of the island to the southern point. Today we took the eastern shore back to the northern end. We were met by a taxi that took us past our hotel to town to go to the ATM and then back to our hotel. The power was out on the island and we couldn't do any internet stuff again. Luckily they have a generator for basic lighting.


I spent the rest of the late afternoon reading and soaking in the pool to cool off. We had dinner at seven and headed off shortly afterwards as the generator is to be turned off at ten.

2 comments:

  1. We are now back in Tana. Got a very bad stomach on St Marie. Sofia called a doctor who came to our hotel, spent about an hour on a thorough investigation and gave me medicine for the next three days. All for 80 000 Aviary. I was cured the morning after and we could catch our early flight to Tana. Here we live at LeChat'O Park, a cheap but very good hotel by the airport where we have WiFi on the room.

    ReplyDelete